Ethiopian Academy of Sciences Job Vacancy
The Academy invites eligible candidates to apply for the following vacant posts.
POSITION: Partnership and Project Development Officer
Application Deadline: 28th December 2020
1. Job Summary
Identifies potential partners, grant sources and opportunities; develops fundable project proposals; mobilizes grants and other project resources; manages grants; plans and organizes M&E for projects; fosters collaborations and partnerships; prepares grants and activity reports.
2.Qualification and Competencies
- Master’s/PhD degree in the Social or Natural Sciences, Agriculture, Health, Engineering or Technology;
- At least five years of experience in project development, resource mobilization and partnership building;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic/annual plans;
- Experience in preparing reports for partners;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic;
- Practical skills in utilizing spreadsheets, graphics, and related computer programs.
3.Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds a database of grant sources and potential partners;
- Develops concept notes and/or project/program proposals;
- Engages in the mobilization of resources for project/program implementation;
- Forges a strong working relationship with partners and stakeholders;
- Manages program/project grants;
- Teams up with other EAS staff to facilitate project/program implementation;
- Plans and participates in project monitoring and evaluation processes;
- Produces activity and grants reports;
- Participates in the development of the strategic and annual plans.
- One year, renewable based on performance and the availability of funds.
5.Salary and benefits
- As per the Academy’s salary scale and benefits package.
Submission of Applications
- Qualified applicants are invited to send their application letter (max 1 page) with their latest CV through email: email@example.com
- Women are especially encouraged to apply.
- Application documents should include supporting evidence of previous achievements and experiences, with testimonials from previous supervisors.
- Please note that only those candidates meeting the job requirements will be contacted for written and oral screening tests.