Ethiopian Academy of Sciences Job Vacancy
The Academy invites eligible candidates to apply for the following vacant posts.
Application Deadline: 28th December 2020
POSITION: Director of Creative Arts Center
Leads the operations and development of the Center; initiates, plans, and implements the Center’s programs and projects for promoting the Fine Arts; mobilizes resources; initiates and builds networks with the Arts community; fosters collaborations with key stakeholders and arts patrons; develops the Center’s strategic plan; organizes workshops and other platforms for discussions on issues of the Fine Arts in Ethiopia; promotes the Center; produces activity reports.
2.Required Qualification and Competencies
- Master’s or PhD degree in any field of the Fine Arts;
- At least six years of relevant experience, out of which two years are in senior management position;
- Practical experience in research, policy analysis, popularization of the Fine Arts;
- Experience in project proposal development, resource mobilization, strategic planning, and report writing;
- Experience in organizing book fairs and arts exhibitions, workshops and discussion forums;
- Intimate familiarity with the state of the Fine Arts and key players in the Arts community in Ethiopia.
3. Duties and Responsibilities
- initiates and builds productive working relations with active members of the Arts community, including students, clubs, professional societies and arts schools;
- develops partnerships with governmental and non-governmental arts patrons;
- develops a strategic plan and proposals for developing, strengthening and sustaining the Center’s mission and national impact;
- Develops the Center’s projects and core programs;
- Organizes arts events and produces relevant materials in print, electronic and audio visual formats;
- Mobilizes resources and other support for realizing the Center’s programs;
- Develops research proposals for producing policy inputs;
- Devises modalities for enhancing the visibility, image and reach of the Center;
- Produces regular reports on the core activities of the Center.
4. Employment duration
- Two years, renewable based on performance.
5. Salary and benefits
- As per the Academy’s salary scale and benefits package.
Submission of Applications
- Qualified applicants are invited to send their application letter (max 1 page) with their latest CV through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women are especially encouraged to apply.
- Application documents should include supporting evidence of previous achievements and experiences, with testimonials from previous supervisors.
- Please note that only those candidates meeting the job requirements will be contacted for written and oral screening tests.