Ethiopian Academy of Sciences Job Vacancy
The Academy invites eligible candidates to apply for the following vacant posts.
POSITION: Communication Officer
Application Deadline: 28th December 2020
Responsible for the media relations and communication activities of the Academy; plans, organizes and coordinates documentation and communication activities based on program/project activities; manages networking, public relation and promotion activities; disseminates information outputs through print and multi-media channels; develops communication strategies.
2.Required Qualification and Competencies
- MSc/MA degree in Media and Information Science, Communication, Journalism or related field.
- 4 to 6 years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in written and spoken English and Amharic;
- Computer proficiency including desktop publishing;
- Practical skills website admin, operation of multi-media, audio-visual production, and information dissemination through multiple channels.
3.Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, develops and implements effective communication and public relation strategies;
- Produces and disseminates communication materials (newsletter, booklets, brochures, posters, press releases, policy briefs, synthesis reports, documentary videos, etc.) to update the media, stakeholders, and the public;
- Organizes public lectures, workshops, press conferences and media interviews;
- Documents the proceedings of meetings, conferences and other public events organized by the various Units of the Academy;
- Devises promotional events and materials for building the visibility and positive image of the Academy;
- Develops, maintains and updates database of stakeholders, media outlets, EAS Fellows and partners;
- Fosters working relations with relevant media agencies;
- Prepares communication standards, manuals and guidelines for the various Units of the Academy;
- Prepares annual work plans and activity reports.
- Two years, renewable based on performance.
5.Salary and benefits
- As per the Academy’s salary scale and benefits package.
Submission of Applications
- Qualified applicants are invited to send their application letter (max 1 page) with their latest CV through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women are especially encouraged to apply.
- Application documents should include supporting evidence of previous achievements and experiences, with testimonials from previous supervisors.
- Please note that only those candidates meeting the job requirements will be contacted for written and oral screening tests.