Ethiopian Academy of Sciences Job Vacancy
The Academy invites eligible candidates to apply for the following vacant posts.
POSITION: Science Center Curator
Application Deadline: 28th December 2020
Introduces Physics, Geology, Paleoanthropology and Industrial exhibits to visitors; arranges, protects and maintains displays; popularizes and promotes the exhibits; organizes group visits and science fairs.
2.Qualification and Competencies
- BSc in Physics or other related fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technology;
- A minimum of one year of experience in teaching or related work;
- Good knowledge of the five pillars of Physics – mechanics, oscillation and mechanical wave, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, light and optics;
- Good computer skills;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills handling of schools kids.
3.Duties and Responsibilities
- Explains to visitors working principles of different Physics exhibits in the Science Center;
- Explains to visitors about geological processes, human evolution and major geological and archeological research findings and explorations in Ethiopia through interactive displays like fossils, ancient tools, photographs, etc.;
- Explains to visitors engineering structures like electric power generation, and industrial processes using miniature prototypes;
- Installs newly incoming exhibits;
- Oversees the proper utilization, protection, and maintenance of Science exhibits;
- Organizes visits to the Center by various communities, groups and individuals;
- Organizes periodic public events like science fairs, science competition, science lectures;
- Promotes the visibility of the Science Center exhibits by organizing media coverage, online displays and other means.
4. Employment duration
- Two years, renewable based on performance.
5.Salary and benefits
- As per the Academy’s salary scale and benefits package.
Submission of Applications
- Qualified applicants are invited to send their application letter (max 1 page) with their latest CV through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women are especially encouraged to apply.
- Application documents should include supporting evidence of previous achievements and experiences, with testimonials from previous supervisors.
- Please note that only those candidates meeting the job requirements will be contacted for written and oral screening tests.