ETHIOPIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Senior Project Officer
I. JOB SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the supervisor, the Senior Project Officer participates in the planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting activities of the Office. She/he mobilizes resources, initiates and implements programs/projects and fosters collaborations to attain the Academy’s mission and objectives.
II. SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collects, analyzes and organizes data necessary to support program development, planning, implementation and/or decision making;
- Conducts situation and needs analyses for launching new programs/projects and/or for developing strategic plan;
- Develops concept notes and/or fundable project proposals;
- Prepares quarterly and annual work plans, including budget forecasts;
- Identifies funding sources, potential project/program partners and other stakeholders;
- Coordinates and/or follows up the implementation of new and existing programs/projects;
- Fosters strong working relations with state and non-state actors, including professional societies and EAS Fellows;
- Facilitates and participates in project monitoring and evaluation processes;
- Organizes seminars, workshops, symposia, etc., as determined in work plans;
- Participates in the dissemination and promotion of project outputs;
- Produces quarterly, bi-annual and annual performance reports;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- At least MSc/MA in Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Humanities or related fields.
- At least four years of relevant work experience; participation in research is advantageous;
- Previous work in an educational or research institution is advantageous;
C) TECHNICAL AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Project preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Ability to work independently and to take initiatives;
- Demonstrated technical ability and capacity to work under stress;
- IT literate with experience of using database and other computerized systems;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
- GENDER: Women professionals are especially encouraged to apply.
- SALARY: As per the Academy’s salary scale.
- STAFF BENEFITS: Transport service, telephone allowance, medical coverage, and pension.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25th June 2020.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Motivation letter, up-to-date CV, copies of educational credentials and other supporting documents.
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHYSICAL ADDRESS
P.O. Box 32228, Addis Ababa, Phone: +251 112 595750/0112590930,www.eas-et.org, Gulele Sub-City, Woreda 9, House No. 199, at Blaten Geta Heruy Woldesellassie’s former residence.