EAS would like to invite qualified candidates to apply for the Internal Auditor position.
- JOB SUMMARY
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Internal Auditor will perform the full audit cycle including financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures operational adherence to organizational policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Checks all financial activities including payments, transfers of funds, payroll, control of cash and other current accounts, bank reconciliation statements, liabilities for correctness & timely delivery; accuracy and validity of invoices and other payment documents;
- Checks that payment requests are made according to agreement and from the appropriate fund and required documentation and authorization is available to effect payment;
- Follows up the monthly closing of the accounts and facilitates year-end financial closing activities;
- Monitors operating/ administrative expenses and external funds and identifies issues for discussion with EAS management;
- Identifies loopholes and recommends measures for risk aversion and cost saving;
- Cooperates with the external auditors during their audit work;
- Analyzes financial statements and other related reports to identify problem areas and recommend remedial action;
- Prepares quarterly financial reports to the Board of EAS;
- Maintains confidentiality of financial information and documents;
- Come to EAS at least once in a week and be available whenever required;
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum BA in Accounting or related field.
- ACCA/CPA certified is desirable
- Minimum 3 years of auditing experience.
- TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
- Knowledge of managing multi-donor fund;
- Accuracy and analytical ability;
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner;
- Strong organizational and communication skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Good skills in accounting software applications.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter with their CV; indicating the position they are applying for on the subject line of the email/letter only within 7 working days from the date of this announcement through: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Or in person at the Headquarters of the Academy located near Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (Gulele Branch), next to Ethio-parents School.
Please state your rate of payment on your application letter.