Ethiopian Academy of Sciences Job Vacancy
The Academy invites eligible candidates to apply for the following vacant posts.
Application Deadline: 28th December 2020
POSITION: Director of Science Center
Leads, plans and coordinates the implementation of Science Center core programs and projects; mobilizes resources; develops the strategic plan; develops and launches promotional and educational events, including panel discussions, science exhibitions and competitions; builds partnerships and networks; initiates institutional growth and transformation.
2.Required Qualification and Competencies
- PhD/MSc degree in Science, Technology, Health, Agriculture or other field relevant to the core programs of the Science Center;
- 6/8 years of relevant work experience, out of which 2 years in senior management position;
- Direct experience in the education and promotion of science, technology, and innovation;
- Familiarity with the objectives and operations of STEM/Science Centers;
- Practical experience in research, policy analysis, strategic planning, program/ project development;
- Practical experience in science communication and activity reporting;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
3.Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the institutional growth, transformation and sustainability of the Center;
- Plans, organizes and oversees the display of the Center’s exhibits;
- Develops the strategic plan of the Center;
- Initiates and leads the development of core programs and projects for popularizing science, technology, and innovation;
- Organises training, science fairs, science discussions, science competitions;
- Initiates promotional activities to build the Center’s visibility and influence;
- Builds networks, expands partnerships and fosters collaborations;
- Mobilizes resources for implementing the core programs and projects;
- Oversees the preparation of activity reports.
- Two years, renewable based on performance.
5.Salary and benefits
- As per the Academy’s salary scale and benefits package.
Submission of Applications
- Qualified applicants are invited to send their application letter (max 1 page) with their latest CV through email: email@example.com
- Women are especially encouraged to apply.
- Application documents should include supporting evidence of previous achievements and experiences, with testimonials from previous supervisors.
- Please note that only those candidates meeting the job requirements will be contacted for written and oral screening tests.