The Ethiopian Academy of Sciences is interested to employ a Coordinator for the Science Center of the Academy for a period of 12 (twelve) months. The Coordinator would have the following main tasks among others:
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls activities of the Center;
- Prepares short, medium and long term activity plans and budget for the Center in collaboration with the concerned units;
- Coordinates the procurement of equipment and materials for the different units of the Science Center;
- Coordinates with Working Groups the development of specific units of the Science Center;
- Ensures the development of management skills of staff to increase their capacity to develop and undertake major initiatives and assume larger responsibilities; and
- Establishes and maintains formal and informal communication mechanisms with government bodies, higher learning institutions, research institutions, donors and other stakeholders.
Applicants are expected to have a PhD degree or equivalent in any field of science. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their application letter with their CV within 10 days from the date of this announcement through email@example.com.
Fellows of the Academy are particularly encouraged to apply for the position.