The Ethiopian Academy of Sciences (EAS) is established with the objectives of advancing scientific knowledge in Ethiopia and providing evidence-based advice to the Government of Ethiopia on issues of national significance.
EAS is now producing an original Amharic video on the topic of the demographic dividend in Ethiopia, as part of the Academy’s work in synthesizing and contextualizing evidence on population and development issues and promoting dialogue on the area. The objective of the video is to promote contextualized dialogue and knowledge on the topic of the demographic dividend. The video will also be disseminated to the public, population and development experts and policymakers with other materials including presentation guide and key messages to supplement a discussion on the demographic dividend. The video will also be displayed Population Dynamics Unit of its soon-to-be launched Science Center for a wider access to the public. EAS is producing the video with guidance from a technical committee comprised of stakeholders in government, non-governmental, academia and civil society.
EAS is now seeking an expert in the area of population and development to participate in the video production as a Script Writer.
- Main responsibilities of Script Writer
The Script Writer will work with the Academy to develop an engaging script that will serve as a blue print for producing the video. More specifically the Script Writer will:
- Research and write a draft video script on the demographic dividend in Ethiopia, based on the script outline and guideline developed by EAS
- Incorporate EAS’s feedback on the draft script at various stages of the video production
- Review storyboard to make sure that the script is communicated appropriately, and make edits on script as necessary
- Develop supplementary materials in the form of key takeaways and a presentation guide based on the script and final cut of video
- 20 December – 18 January, 2019 ~ submission of Amharic draft script
- 15 Jan – 31 Jan 2019 ~ revision of script incorporating feedback from EAS as well as technical committee
- 15 Jan – Feb 2019 ~ review storyboard and do final revision of script, if necessary.
- 01 – 30 April 2019 ~ develop video presentation guide and key takeaways,
- Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree in demography, development studies, economics, or other related fields.
- Excellent Amharic and English writing skills
- Ability to distill complex data in simple and easy-to-follow narrative
- Submission of Expression of Interest
Qualified and interested individuals should email their expression of interest, CV, and a writing sample (Preferably in Amharic and in the area of population and development) to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com no later than 20 December 2018.