DEPARTMENT: Ethiopian Academy Press
The Ethiopian Academy of Sciences (EAS) was launched in April 2010 and recognized by an Act of Parliament (Proclamation No. 783/2013) as an independent body mandated to provide, inter-alia, evidence-based policy advice to the Government and other stakeholders. Its major activities include undertaking consensus studies, conducting convening activities such as public lectures, conferences, workshops and symposia on issues of national priority; as well as promoting science, technology and innovation.
EAS would like to invite qualified candidates to apply for Assistant Editor position.
- SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives and registers new manuscripts and file them;<
- Writes brief report about a manuscript;
- Sends a manuscript to assessors;
- Follows status of manuscripts and prepare MS status Summary Sheet;
- Writes reminding letters to authors and reviewers;
- Process signing of Memorandum of Agreement between the author and the Press;
- Checks whether the author has properly incorporated the necessary feedback by assessors or not
- Copy edits new manuscripts;
- Proofreads manuscripts for correct insertions, deletions, changes and reorganizations;
- Typesets manuscripts as per the house style of the Press;
- Develops cover designs or suggest improvising styles to authors;
- Writes detailed specifications for auctioning printers;
- Sets cover prices;
- Follows quality of prints in a pre-press unit and printing house;
- Develop book projects;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Editor.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
MA/PhD in languages or any social sciences field
4/ 2 years of experience in editing or related activities respectively.
- SALARY:As per the organization scale
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter with their CV; indicating the position applying for on the subject line of the email only within 7 working days from the date of this announcement through: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.