The Ethiopian Academy of Sciences (EAS) is undertaking systematic review on establishing new vaccine intelligence unit in Ethiopia. While immunization is one of the most successful global public health initiatives, there are still a number of major programmatic concerns related to introduction of vaccines that discourage the success of global immunization initiatives. This project will contribute to addressing a major challenge in immunization initiatives by providing evidence-based recommendations for establishing new vaccine intelligence system for Ethiopia.
EAS offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development for talented individuals with different backgrounds and perspectives. Therefore, EAS is looking for competent professional for the following post on a contractual basis.
Position: Research Assistant (RA)
Roles and Responsibility:
- Conduct systematic search and review of literature based on the PRISMA developed for the purposes of the project and under the guidance of the expert team;
- Assist in collecting and organizing data;
- Undertake research related activities tasked by the Expert Team
- Periodically report the progress of the task
Required number: One (1)
Salary: As per the scale of the organization
Qualification and Experience:
- M.Sc. in Public Health
- 5 years of experience in the areas of public health and immunization
Desirable Qualities, Skills and Competences:
- Effective in systematic research
- Proficient in data collection, analysis and interpretation of health data
- Effective in communication, multi-tasking, organizational, and prioritization
- Ability to meet deadlines; work independently and cooperatively with team members
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Competent candidates must email their cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) to email@example.com within 4 working days from the first appearance of the announcement (from May 29-June 1/2018).